WOMEN’S GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE DETAILS
|1.||Dr. Paraag Gide||Ex-officio Member/ Principal|
|2.||Dr. (Mrs.) Itishree Vaidya||Convener/ Asst. Professor|
|3.||Mrs. Vedika Dadlani||Member/ Asst. Professor|
|4.||Dr. Vinda Bhuskute||NGO Nominee|
|5.||Mrs. Manisha Awari||Member/ Senior Clerk|
|6.||Ms. Rushali Golatkar||Student Member|
Functions and Responsibilities:
- To ensure implementation of WGRC policy directions in the college
- To process all individual complaints concerning sexual harassment that may be received from any person and take suitable action thereon in the manner and mode set out.
- To depute members of WGRC to attend , participate in the workshops and training programs arranged by University cell
- To implement programs for the spread of awareness
Mechanism of Redressal:
- WGRC shall act as Complaint Committee, excluding the student member of the Cell.
- Any woman employee/ female student of the college shall have right to lodge a complaint with any members of WGRC concerning sexual harassment against male student/ any person from administration/ authorities of the college
- A complaint can be oral or in writing
- Any complaint in writing shall be signed by person making complaint. If the complaint is oral the same shall be reduced in writing in detail by WGRC member to whom complaint is made. A complaint register shall be maintained by the Complaints Committee. It should be confidential document.
- Once the complaint is received it should be communicated to Convener of WGRC within ten working days. Convener convenes meeting after that within two weeks from date of complaint
- At first meeting a complainant or her representative should be heard
- The WGRC shall then decide whether the complaint deserves to be proceed with an offence of sexual harassment
- If a complainant wishes that the warning would suffice then the alleged offender is called to the meeting of WGRC and heard and warned about his behavior. The matter shall then be treated as concluded with a recording to that effect made in the Complaint Register.
- If a complainant wishes to proceed with complaint, not by mere warning then WGRC shall give an opportunity to delinquent to explain within two weeks and if written explanation by him not found satisfactory WGRC has full right to decide the penalty for an offence.
- WGRC before proceeding to enquiry shall decide whether delinquent deserves suspension or prohibition from entering premises and so shall be conveyed to Principal/ Management for further implementation.