In the 1970’s, the CHM campus in Ulhasnagar, managed by Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board, housed two Pharmacy Institutes – Principal K. M. Kundnani College of Pharmacy and Principal K. M. Kundnani Pharmacy Polytechnic. The former offered Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy courses while the latter provided education leading to Diploma in Pharmacy. Later, Principal K. M. Kundnani College of Pharmacy shifted base to Mumbai leaving a void for Pharmacy education in Ulhasnagar.
In 2004, Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board filled this void by establishing HSNCB’s College of Pharmacy offering the Bachelor of Pharmacy course. On 2nd April 2006 this college was formally renamed as Dr. L. H. Hiranandani College of Pharmacy in honor of Padmabhushan Dr. L. H. Hiranandani – a great ENT surgeon, philanthropist and Patron Trustee of Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board.
Over the years the college grew in strength, crossing many milestones and soon becoming well known for its discipline and high academic standards. Bolstered by the success of the B. Pharm. program and with encouragement from the management, the college extended itself to begin the Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.) courses in specializations of Pharmaceutics, Quality Assurance, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
The college is housed in a G+3 storey edifice with clear division of administrative, instructional, amenities and circulation area.
- The administrative area comprises of a modern administrative office, conference room, central stores, placement cell and examination section
- Instructional area comprises of 5 well lit, spacious classrooms with fitted audio visual teaching aids, 12 state of the art laboratories, informative library, advanced analytical instrument room, computer laboratory and CPCSEA approved animal house
- Amenities provided include indoor sports room, girls’ and boys’ common rooms, auditorium, central canteen and sports ground
- Spacious corridors, stair cases and clean wash rooms form the circulation areas.
The teaching staff of the college is a potent blend of youth and experience, uncompromising in their pedagogy yet understanding the emotional needs of the students. The teachers carefully integrate and instill theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the students while simultaneously updating themselves by attending technical programs, undertaking research projects and presenting or publishing research articles.
The academic life in the college is interspersed with lots of student centered activities
- Industrial visits
- Seminars and Lecture Series
- Technical Competitions and Model making competition
- Social activities and Health check-up camps
- Campus placement drive
- Alumni meets
- Cultural and Sports events
These efforts have culminated in the multi dimensional development of the students giving excellent results in University examination, extremely healthy placement records and most importantly providing ethical and socially conscious Pharmacists to the society and nation at large.